Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer Begins with "Monday Made It"

We have linked up with 4th Grade Frolics to start the Summer off with our Monday Made Its.




I have decided to change my classroom theme to "Sports" next year. I have had a color-theme for the past few years of turquoise and lime green. I am ready for a change. Since I will still be doing 3rd grade next year, and sports are big in our college town, I have decided on a Sports theme. 

I finished painting the letters for the top of my cabinets. Here they are:

The letters are made of cardboard. I think I will use velcro to help them stay straight on the cabinets, especially for the "P" , which is top heavy. 


I printed out a "Welcome" sign from Schoolgirl Style (set: Team Spirit). I'm not sure yet if I will hang it horizontally or vertically but I will attach the letters to a ribbon. I am going to use the black and white striped border and green scalloped border on my bulletin boards. 


This is the latest Magic Tree House Reading Comprehension packet I have made. It is available in our Teachers Pay Teachers store (You can click on the picture.) Packet #1 is available for FREE. 
Magic Tree House Book 9: Dolphins at Daybreak Reading Comprehension Packet


Now, for a couple of "Made Its" for the house. My husband and I made planter areas for in front of a small shed behind the house. We decided to use wood around the area because when it rains hard, the water runs to the front of the shed since it is at the bottom of the hill. Since it decided to flood last week, they have already been useful. The plants were fine and the wood helped the water go on either side of the shed.




Here's a fun "Made It". I found this tray at Hobby Lobby. We have a lot of squirrels in the woods around our house and I like to feed them corn. I was looking for a low feeder I could use. My husband drilled holes in the metal tray to drain any rain and I fill it with corn for the animals. They seem to enjoy it.


Stephanie

11 comments:

  1. Your PLAY letters are my favorite. Did you use scrapbook paper to decorate the letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just painted them. You could probably use scrapbook paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I love the feeder for your squirrels! Too many people think they're nuisances...I think they're adorable!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the planter areas in front and beside your shed. Thanks for sharing!

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love your PLAY letters!!! You have some MAD painting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your made its! Your outdoor ones have my heart!!! I am a gardener! Need that therapy. I had every intention of sharing some of my pots of flowers but the rain had other plans. What a great idea for a squirrel feeder too! Your kiddos are going to love the sports theme! Thank you for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling ideas! Your letters are so cute. Thanks for all the ideas!
    Pam at PJ Jots - Please visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did a sport theme last year. The kids loved it! I love your squirrel feeder! So smart! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas!! I love the little planters near the shed. I may do that here.

    ReplyDelete