Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Monday: Making crafts

I loooove making crafts and painting! It is very relaxing for me. So, I have already been thinking about my classroom decor next year so I can start working on the crafts.

I have decided on a "Sports" theme. I will most likely be teaching third grade, but may be moving up to fourth grade. I think "Sports" is a good theme for the older kids. The city I teach in also has a local college team that is very popular so I will be incorporating the Gators also in my room.

I have a space above my cabinets where I currently have the word "DREAM". For next year, I want to put the word "PLAY" up there. I have started painting the cardboard letters and I want each one to be painted int he style of a sports ball.

So far, I have the "P" painted in a baseball style.

I'm still working on the other letters. The "L" will be a basketball. The "A" will be a soccer ball. The "Y" will be a football. I bought the "P" first- at Hobby Lobby. I bought the other letters at JoAnn Fabrics. I thought they were all the same size,but I think I like the "P" being larger.


I'll post a new picture when I get them done. With everything else going on right now, I can only work on crafts for a short amount of time at once.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment