Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Welcome to Education Whimsy!



Welcome! We are glad you stopped by to see our new blog. We are Stephanie and Kelly and we have known each other for about 14 years. We taught next door to each other at two different schools. Currently, we each teach in a different county, but talk daily.

We love to teach using engaging, hands-on materials. Through this blog, we are hoping to inspire others as we continue on our teaching journeys.

We chose the word "Whimsy" as part of our blog title because we enjoy being creative and inspired in our teaching.

In my classroom (Stephanie's), I have many things to keep me, and my students, inspired. I have these large letters that spell DREAM on top of my tall cabinet. They are directly across the room from me when I sit at my teacher table. I see them throughout the day.



I made this sign to go in the corner of my classroom by my teacher table. I found the wooden slat back at Walmart and painted it turquoise. I added an "H" from Joann Fabrics, a couple of wooden clothespins, and three tiny pennants I cut out of paper from my set from School Girl Style. I love the saying "Too Many Blessings to Count". It reminds me that I am very blessed even when I am having a rough day. And, of course, pictures of my grandson, Benjamin, always brighten up my day.


I painted an old globe with black chalkboard paint.I use chalk to write messages on the globe for the students. It currently says "You are capable of amazing things."


These are some ways I incorporate "whimsy" in my classroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment